Blog Writing Workflows

I have used the workflow of Markdown blog writer for blogger for around two years. The main problem with this approach was the image manipulation. I have to separately upload the images to google photos. However later found the iPic image upload app which work with typora. But following two work flows are efficient as I found.

Blog workflow

this is how I create my new blogs. The basic tools are as follows:

  • iPad
  • Apple pencil
  • MWeb app

here the benifs of this workflow:

  • I can work on same document both iPad and the mac computer
  • Mweb support images and Malh for my documents
  • In addion to that , Mweb publishes the web blog post to my Blogger site.
  • The best is images are automatically upload to the google photos.
  • Same post can be publish number of time, but Mweb keep track of images without duplicating.
  • I use third party app sueh as Good Note 4 to create the diagram. For example following diagram was drawn from the DrawExpress App.

As shown in the above diagram, Mweb synch the markup documents via iCloud. The process has been simplified compared to my previous approach of Stackedit
1. edit the doc in either iPad or Mac
2. you can add maths using such as MathPad as well as images
3. in the Mae publish the doc as a blog

There is no limit to republish. If you change the image with a new image accordingly change in the blog as well, but the image was replaced will be remain in the google photo: you have to manually delete that.

Alternative workflow

There is an another workflow. You can write and add maths such as MyScript math sample in the MS Word in the iPad.
1. Create a docx document using MS Word in the iPad using Apple pencil.
2. Copy the doc to the Mac
3. Use the pandoc to transfer the document to markdown format.
4. Publish the markdown document as a blog to the Blogger.

    pandoc --extract-media=images --wrap=none -s example.docx -t markdown -o example.md

However, in this workflow, I haven't found the way to create fenced code blocks.

I have found few of other interesting sites which are amazing to consider:

IMPORTANT:
I tested the Byword which is not a good as MWeb. It doesn't support picture upload. As well as not support to publish the same blog again an again with the new contents. This was unexpected because most of the websites rank that as one of the best, but that is not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To: GitHub projects in Spring Tool Suite

Spring 3 Part 7: Spring with Databases

Parse the namespace based XML using Python